APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTILL ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED.
The City of Edgewood is currently accepting applications and resumes for the positions of a full-time Firefighter/Medic. The primary responsibilities of this position will include, but not limited to providing ALS care and firefighter suppression skills to the communities we serve. Other duties and responsibilities are listed in the attached job description. The position will be a 24/48 shift work.
To be eligible for hire, candidates must be at least 21 years of age, be able to speak, read, and write the English language, background checks, pre-employment physical, and drug screening. Candidates must also possess a current CPAT cards (not more than 12 months old) or qualify for lateral transfer at time of appointment.
• Starting salary of $49,012.00 + $4,000.00 (state incentive if applicant is eligible).
• Kentucky CERS Hazardous duty retirement
• Vacation accrual (2 shifts after 7 months; 5 shifts after 13 months; 7 shifts after 61 months; 9 shifts after 121 months, and 12 shifts after 181 months), Personal Time Off (5 shifts per year), and Sick Leave (2 shifts per year and buy back on excessive sick time at maximum accrual at employee’s current rate)
• Full health coverage on a single plan and Health Reimbursement Account (100% medical reimbursement of deductibles, up $500 reimbursement on co-pays and $200 vision care per year per family member)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Clothing allowance of $600 per year
• Must be a Kentucky certified Paramedic and maintain.
• Must have a current ACLS card and maintain.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Preferred Kentucky certified Firefighter – 400 hours level (IFSAC I and II accepted).
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE A MINIMUM OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Respond to Fire and EMS emergencies.
• Perform vehicle preventive maintenance inspections and upkeep.
• Assist in fire hydrant testing and maintenance duties.
• Perform general building maintenance and housekeeping duties.
• Other duties included in City of Edgewood position description.
Candidates MUST submit a copy of your driver’s license, Social Security card, high school diploma (or equivalent), Kentucky Fire Commission Training summary report (or equivalent), all pertinent firefighter certifications, and all pertinent Emergency Medical certifications with the application. Applicants must meet additional criteria as outlined in the application/information packet, which is available at the Edgewood Municipal Building located at 385 Dudley Road between 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday thru Friday. Applications, resume and a copy of all required certifications must be received at the city building for initial review of applicants on February 28, 2017 at 6:00pm. Applications received after the initial review will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled and may remain open until position is filled. Applicants must provide a valid email address with their application as all notifications and communication will be made via email. Any questions, please contact Asst. Chief Tom Dickman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The applicants must maintain certifications in these areas to keep employment**
The City of Edgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.