The City of Edgewood is currently accepting applications and resumes for the positions of a full-time Firefighter/Medic. The primary responsibilities of this position will include, but not limited to providing ALS care and firefighter suppression skills to the communities we serve. Other duties and responsibilities are listed in the attached job description. The position will be a 24/48 shift work.
To be eligible for hire, candidates must be at least 21 years of age, be able to speak, read, and write the English language, successfully pass a written test, skills assessment test, background checks, pre-employment physical, and drug screening. Candidates must also possess a current CPAT cards (not more than 12 months old) and valid to the date that a contingent offer of employment is made. Notification of testing will be set after applications have been received.
• Starting annual salary of $49,012.00 + $4,000.00 (state incentive).
• Kentucky CERS Hazardous Duty Retirement
• Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
• Full health coverage on a single plan and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Clothing allowance
• Must be a Kentucky certified Firefighter – 400 hours level (IFSAC I and II accepted).
• Must be a Kentucky certified Paramedic and maintain.
• Must have a current ACLS card and maintain.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE A MINIMUM OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Respond to Fire and EMS emergencies.
• Perform vehicle preventive maintenance inspections and upkeep.
• Assist in fire hydrant testing and maintenance duties.
• Perform general building maintenance and housekeeping duties.
• Other duties included in City of Edgewood position description.
Candidates MUST submit a copy of your driver’s license, Social Security card, high school diploma (or equivalent), Kentucky Fire Commission Training summary report (or equivalent), all pertinent firefighter certifications, and all pertinent Emergency Medical certifications with the application. Applicants must meet additional criteria as outlined in the application/information packet, which is available at the Edgewood Municipal Building located at 385 Dudley Road between 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday thru Friday. Applications, resume and a copy of all required certifications must be received by 4:00pm Friday July 8, 2016 at the city building. Applicants must provide a valid email address with their application as all notifications and communication will be made via email. Any questions, please contact Asst. Chief Tom Dickman at email@example.com.
Candidates who meet these requirements will be notified via email of the written test consisting of fire and EMS questions from the Paramedic Care: Principles and Practice, Volume 1-7 Introduction to Paramedicine and the 6th edition of the IFSTA Essentials of Fire Fighting manuals will be scheduled first and then immediately followed by a skills assessment.
**The applicants must maintain certifications in these areas to keep employment.**
The City of Edgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.